Thursday 29 May 2014

I don't do only green!

Whilst Mark's Veg Plot is still primarily, as it's name suggests, a place for growing veg, my range of ornamental plants is expanding. I want to show you today some more photos of plants of which I am currently very fond. The first of these is my "Dryopteris Erythrosora" fern, whose young fronds are particularly attractive.








I also want to show off this wonderful colour combination, with Oxalis "Burgundy Wine" offset against Variegated Sage:






This will be even nicer when the Lavender that you can just make out in the foreground of the previous photo comes into flower.

7 comments:

  1. That oxalis is really pretty against the light green sage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh...thanks for the reminder that my sad little while oxalis needs to go outside. My purple does well, but I think I need a better pot for the white. Time to get it healthy before I transplant! Lovely pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a few of the very same fern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We don't seem to have any fern fronds in that colour. They look so pretty. And what a luxuriant growth on your purple oxalis! Looks stunning against the sage.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment! Please note that Comment Moderation is enabled for older posts.