Monday 13 February 2012

The cross-dressing Minarettes

I described yesterday how I pruned the Minarette fruit trees. One of the pictures I took was of this little "fruiting spur":


When I looked at this, it reminded me of a person waving their arms in the air -  maybe a policeman directing traffic - or perhaps a diver just about to dive off a diving-board. Definitely reminiscent of the human form...

So I sent the photo to my blogging friend Sue, who runs Our Plot at Green Lane Allotments, because she has a great talent for "enhancing" photos, and I knew she would be able to do something good with this one. By the way, she is the person who did my Mickey Mouse potato, and Herr Jeeves, the cane-topper duck. This is what she came up with. She couldn't decide whether this spur was male or female. Whichever it is, it's a cross-dresser, that's for sure!

'Ello, 'Ello' 'Ello. What's goin' on 'ere then?

Pretentious? Moi?

I think they are wonderful. Thank you Sue!

On a related theme, Mother Nature enhanced one of my photos for me too.

This


Became this:


So what do you see in this one? Gonzo from the Muppet Show, wearing a white cape? A bride with a very long nose? Or what?

[I wonder exactly what type of mushrooms it was that I ate last night...Magic ones, possibly.]

17 comments:

  1. Looks to me as one of the Cardinal birds, that come to my garden. Only in white...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure do have an imagination Mark!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was too cute! The snow one looks like a bird to me too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely Gonzo. Well done Sue love the policeman

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such imagination. Sue did a superb job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's wrong!... looks like it's headless anyways...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dom, It DOES have a head - you just need imagination to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm thinking more Beaker than Gonzo....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely ‘beaky’ to my mind...but one with added attitude...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I see a swan or a duck - some white birds, stretching and swimming in the water. There must be something in my tea that I am drinking now :-).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sue really did a fine job enhancing your tree stems! Mother nature did, too.!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The enhancements are fantastic! So are nature's embellishments. All very well captured!

    Loved reading your comment on my blog. Yes, that's true about the men. Whatever the occasion they are in Western gear except those who participate in the dances during the harvest festival. Unfair! We aren't so close to Nepal.. we are closer to Myanmar. Our region is made up of several ethnic groups.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wasn't going to play...but then it just screams 'Beaker' to me!

    Mark, I know its still a while until spring when you can get back to gardening, but seriously I really think you need to lower your medication until then :$

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's definitely some sort of bird Mark. (I thought maybe Road Runner - does that date me?) I'm very nervous about what sort of challenge you'll send my way next time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment! Please note that Comment Moderation is enabled for older posts.