Wednesday 15 May 2013

Mark's Flower Plot

I think that many of my readers will associate Mark's Veg Plot primarily with vegetables. These days, however, I am paying more attention to the visual aspects of gardening. Here are some more photos of plants in my garden that currently have significant ornamental qualities. Of course many of them are not "just flowers", but are the flowering elements of plants that will eventually be eaten.

Aquilegia

Daffodil "Sundisc"

Tulips

Dogwood

Aquilegia

Fern

Blueberry

Blueberry (with ant!)

Strawberry

Pear blossom after petal fall

Pear



6 comments:

  1. I remember earlier in the year. All your plants seemed ahead of mine. Now they seem closer together. I've got little strawberries on my plants now. And my blueberries are putting on a spectacular show - well for a blueberry. Pretty white clusters everywhere. If we would get some rain I'm sure we would have a bumper crop. I might just have to water to make sure the fruit doesn't all drop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that flowers are pretty, but oh, your vegetable garden . . . you really know what you're doing. I've never seen anything like it. You have an amazing talent for gardening.
    Great job . . . very interesting post.
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. No flowers on any of my strawberries yet, but my pears look similar to yours & my tulips are on the way out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just think of the photo opportunities for you with flowers as subjects. By the way I've just found out that most parts of hostas are edible and not just for slugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My columbine / acquilegia are just at the stage of looking to flower. But no flowers yet.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment! Please note that Comment Moderation is enabled for older posts.