Saturday 13 November 2010

Cherry Blossom

This post is dedicated to my blogging friend (correction: ONE of my blogging friends) in Japan, Takaeko.

Greetings Takaeko! This week the first blossoms appeared on my cherry tree. It is a Prunus Autumnalis "Surbhitella".  My very own Sakura...



Most years it flowers from November right through to about March. The blossoms are small - not as impressive as the Spring-flowering ones - but they are very hardy and robust. They withstand the Winter gales quite well. And of course, they provide a welcome bit of colour in an otherwise drab Winter garden.



6 comments:

  1. Your first blossoms on your cherry tree in November, wow !!! you are very lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew there was a cherry tree that bloomed November through March! It certainly looks delicate to be so hardy a bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know there was one that flowered in Winter either. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful! I didn't know they bloomed for so long, it must be very nice to have it

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to express my appreciation for your posting cute and beautiful sakura for me!! I'm so impressed with your sakura blooming in the mid of autumn and its beauty and strength.

    In return for your kindness, I would like to share my photo collection of Sakura, which were taken in Kyoto.
    Please feel free to visit my blog and click my slide show which is named "Sakura Photo Collection" and to share my photos with your family and friends!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Takaeko, the only thing I can say is "WOW"! Your Japanese cherry blossom is a thousand times more impressive than mine.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment! Please note that Comment Moderation is enabled for older posts.