Friday 22 October 2010

Tunworth Cheese

Tonight we're using our Brie-baker again, but this time we are going to have a Tunworth cheese.



Tunworth, made by Hampshire Cheeses, is a delicious soft, white rind cheese handmade from unpasteurised cow's milk. Tunworth was judged to be the Supreme Champion at the 2006 British Cheese Awards, and was also awarded a Gold Medal at the World Cheese Awards 2007. I would say it is rather similar to Brie. In any case, it is absolutely delicious, and what's more, it's local to us. It is made in the village of Herriard, near Basingstoke, about 10 miles away from us.

Here's a link to the producer's website: http://www.hampshirecheeses.co.uk/





For those poor souls who have not yet discovered the delights of baked cheese, and maybe don't know what a Brie-baker is, I suggest you have a look at my earlier blogpost called "The Brie-baker inaugurated" (Oct 2nd).

1 comment:

  1. Cheese in any format will tempt me. I hadn't heard of a specific brie-baker before. My first encounter with cooked cheese on its own was in Sweden in 1984, where fried camembert with lingonberry jam was all the rage.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment! Please note that Comment Moderation is enabled for older posts.