Sunday 10 October 2010

The final Pear

My fifth and final Conference pear declared itself ready to be harvested today -- it fell off the tree! Actually it was held up by the net which I had been using to (successfully!) deter attack by the Magpies, so it didn't actually fall to the ground, I just noticed that it had become detached from the branch.

I have wrapped a bag-tie around the stalk so that I can identify this pear, and don't get it confused with the other ones I picked last week (which are nowhere near ripe yet, by the way).

The fifth pear - another fine specimen!


The fifth pear
So here's the full family picture of the complete 2010 crop...

The full family

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment! Please note that Comment Moderation is enabled for older posts.