Sunday 20 April 2014

Herbs rejuvenated

The early April sunshine has brought the prennial herbs on nicely. At this time of year their fresh young growth looks particularly attractive, so this is my subject today:

Lemon Balm

Winter Savory


Parsley


Oregano


Potted Greek Oregano


Chives


Moroccan Mint


Purple Sage

 
Variegated Sage



Thyme



Rosemary
  
I know that not everyone will consider this to be a herb, but I'm including Lavender anyway, since I want to show you a photo of some that I have just potted up from cuttings taken last Autumn - most of which rooted successfully, by the way. The green new growth is easily distinguishable from the older silver-grey leaves.

Lavender


7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful herb collection. Yor plants look very vigorous and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful collection! My herb's project was fail. I should learn more about growing herbs. I want to try growing herb's collection once more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a lovely selection of herbs and they all look so healthy. I'd like to add to my small collection this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a very overgrown bed of mint to tackle on the plot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I consider lavender an herb. I don't use it often in the kitchen, but it is classic in herbs de Provence. And your herbs are so far ahead of mine. My oregano is just coming out of dormancy and growing. It won't be long before I can use it again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous and healthy looking herb plants, Mark.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful collection of herbs!!! I can only dreaming to have one similar to yours!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment! Please note that Comment Moderation is enabled for older posts.