Friday 21 March 2014

Birthday gifts

As many of you know, it was my birthday this week. In this post I want to show off some of my prezzies:

This first pic is of the card Jane made for me - it is a cross-stitched Chilli


So appropriate for me, don't you think? And so much nicer than a bought card.


This is the present that went with it...


My thanks to Sue from Our Plot at Green Lane Allotments for the inspiration to get this! I shall try to take some photos as good as hers...

Here is what Fiona and Juan got me - a fabulous Asparagus plate in that delicate procelain called Faience de Gien. Hopefully it will soon be loaded with home-grown spears of real Asparagus!



Emma and Dave bought me a voucher for a meal at Atul Kochar's Michelin-starred restaurant "Benares" (in London), which sounds like just the thing for me. It serves food with a spicy / curry / Indian theme. To get me in the mood for this, their girls Lara and Holly made me birthday cards adorned with whole spices:


One of our long-time friends (Rosemary) also gave me a nice present - this blue Hydrangea plant.


This plant is a very welcome addition to my garden since I have been hankering after an Hydrangea for quite a while - especially after our visit to Cornwall last year, because in Cornwall they are everywhere.

So Thank You everyone for those lovely gifts. They are all very much appreciated. 

10 comments:

  1. My mum has birthday today and I am baking a cake for her. She loves to read so, books are ever a good choice as the birthday present. Happy birthday to you too. I would love to get any of your presents and I especially love the card from your wife. How thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are going to frame that card! I also hope you love the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely presents, especially the card!! Looking forward to some great photos with your new camera!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday. You received some wonderful prezzies, and cards too. I can see Mark's Veg Plot becoming Mark's Veg and Flower Plot soon. Do you intend keeping your hydrangea in a container? I've got one growing in a container but it doesn't seem to do very well. I may have a go at repotting it this year and seeing if that makes any difference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Belated Birthday Mark! Lovely pressies and Jane's card is fab!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You lucky boy - hope you enjoyed your day - I particularly like the bread board - very original.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jane is a clever girl, you have some lovely presents Mark I particularly like the girls cards, very you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well. what a wonderful birthday, Mark and so fabulous presents. Jane's card is so special, but then so are the grandchildrens! Can't wait to see photos you take with that premier camera. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated birthday, and what a fine collection of swag!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely presents! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment! Please note that Comment Moderation is enabled for older posts.