This reminded me of a job that needed doing. Since 27th May I have had a tub of Greek Oregano seedlings on the windowsill of the spare bedroom.
The seeds were very tiny, and they have grown slowly, but I decided this weekend that they were big enough to be potted on. There were probably 30-odd seedlings in that tub, and they were beginning to get over-crowded.
About an hour before doing the job I watered the pot very liberally to loosen the compost. Then I carefully eased each seedling out and transplanted it into a medium-sized (7" / 18cm") pot, with two of its siblings for company.
The tool I use for jobs like this is called a "Widger". I find it invaluable.
I don't need huge quantities of this herb, so I potted up 9 seedlings in three pots. In this next picture they are alongside some pots of Parsley and Purple Basil .
The remaining seedlings were planted in the soil near the base of my apple tree. If they survive that's fine, but I won't be desperately sorry if they don't, as long as the ones in the pots do OK.
So now, for the first time since February, there are NO seedlings on the spare bedroom windowsill. It looks scarily bare!