Monday 16 February 2015

Harvest Monday - 16th Feb 2015

Well, I have no Brussels Sprouts to show off this week, for the first time in many weeks. And you have probably read my post about Parsnips on Friday.

Part of the 1.2kgs harvest of "Duchess" Parsnips
So I don't have much more to show off this time. I did pick another batch of Landcress to boost-up a salad of (shop-bought) lettuce:


The Landcress is looking much happier since I protected it with cloches, by the way. Prior to that it was just surviving.

These little Celery Leaf plants, grown in a plastic box on a windowsill, also got snipped into the same salad:


Their diminutive size might make them seem an insignificant salad ingredient, but their powerful flavour makes up for it in no uncertain terms.

The first of the PSB is just about ready. Maybe next week or the week after...

PSB "Rudolph"

9 comments:

  1. It's a good idea to grow the celery leaf indoors during the winter months so that you still have it for your salads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That landcress looks really good. And I bet you can't wait until you harvest the PSB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Broccoli is looking good - one of my favourite vegetables, versatile, great tasting and very nutritious.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always a sad day in the fall when you have to resort to lettuce from the grocery store. Next year I must plant a few hardy, bold salad greens like that landcress - it would be nice to pick some fresh greens after the garden lettuce calls it quits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That PSB is absolutely gorgeous. Every time I see it here I'm tempted to give it another try. Some day, perhaps some day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The PSB reminds me of hydrangea blooms budding! It would be lovely in a vase!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything is looking great. I'm hoping to get some parsnips in this year as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The PSB looks lovely. Mine is way behind, probably another month before I get any.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment! Please note that Comment Moderation is enabled for older posts.