Sunday 5 September 2010

In-flight entertainment

I finally managed to get a couple of decent photos of my friendly Robin. He's a real fidget -- hardly ever sits still for a moment -- so today, after about half an hour's futile Hide-and-Seek with him amongst the Asparagus and Broccoli, trying to get him to pose, I decided to employ a ruse. I took the lid off one of my compost bins (which had several worms clinging to it) and placed it where little Robin couldn't fail to see it: directly below the bird-table, on the tub that until recently housed my Marrow plant.  Then I waited for him to take the bait. It was not a long wait! After a few moments of shy hesitation (no doubt thinking "This is too good to be true, it must be a trap") he rushed in and grabbed a nice juicy worm. About three times in as many minutes.  Here's the evidence...



Playing hard to get


Suspicious -- it must be a trap


Tempted but not yet sure


Hesitating...


Finally committed to action


On Target!

I just wish I had managed to get one more shot -- of him eating the worm. Let me assure you that he did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment! Please note that Comment Moderation is enabled for older posts.