Wednesday 7 December 2011

Osteospermum

In my garden I have a few pots of Osteospermum plants, grown from seeds I brought back from our holiday in France earlier this year. I hadn't expected any of them to flower this year, but one of them has taken advantage of the exceptionally mild Autumn to produce a single bloom.


I can see this flower from our Living-Room window, and it happened to catch my eye in the afternoon as a shaft of feeble Winter sunlight fell on it. So out I went, camera in hand, to capture the moment...


It may only be one flower, but I think it's beautiful. Next year there will hopefully be many more.


And hopefully some in different colours. Blue is nice, but not easy to do justice to in a photograph!

15 comments:

  1. The colour is gorgeous and you've photographed it very well. The plants will serve as a reminder of your holiday in France.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bit of magic. The colour looks very rich, you are lucky, thank you for showing it to us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love plants with a 'connection'. This one is pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If your photo hasn't done justice to that flower I'm speechless {which is a rare thing}

    I think its exquisite. That blue is one of my favourite colours :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice with the different shades of blue to almost purple color...nature never ceases to amaze.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely I have started some seeds off they seem to be easy to grow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty surprise in December, very lovely.
    S

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a lovely flower! The blue is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a lovely blue Mark. I grew some orange and yellow osteospernums from seed this year and am buying a packet of purples and whites next year. I haven't come across the blue colour though - pity!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Spectacular singular bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!!! can't describe it in anything other than that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Olá Mark. onde posso comprar esta flor? Eu adoro azul? Obrigado

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, but I do not know where you could buy this flower. I grew it from seeds acquired when on holiday in France.

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment! Please note that Comment Moderation is enabled for older posts.