Friday 27 December 2013

Chop, Chop!

Amongst my Christmas gifts this year I received two really special chopping boards.

One of them is this lovely item, fashioned in the shape of my blog's trademark chilli:-


If you chop lots of chillis and don't want their taste to taint other food  it makes sense to have one of these, because you really can't fail to remember which board is the right one!


This other board is a beauty too. It is made of laminated bamboo wood, which is very strong and reputedly slightly anti-bacterial too:


Take a closer look at the edge - it has been personalised for me!


I think this one may well be used as a prop for some of the food photos I take for this blog...

They are both fab, and completely appropriate for me. Thank you very much to their donors (you know who you are.)

9 comments:

  1. Such wonderful and thoughtful gifts, they've obviously come from people who know you very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both lovely Mark, very ideal for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not an expert with these things Mark but I thought I would mention Brenda was given a beautiful wooden cheese board two years ago and she did not oil it and it immediately stained with cheese!
    Harry next door kindly restored it and advised her to oil - like you do with a cricket bat! The formula was every day for a week, every week for a month and every month for a year. I am full of useless information like this Mark, but it looked lovely this Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roger, that sounds like good advice.

      Delete
  4. Lovely boards. Most of my boards are plastic. But I do have a nice one for cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice gifts! A special board for chilis is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what great gifts, Mark. I know you will enjoy using these special boards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, Mark. Honest, I didn't read your blog before I wrote my latest! My "Chop, Chop!" is about a different subject, though also about wood! You know the saying about great minds thinking alike. Your new chopping blocks are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment! Please note that Comment Moderation is enabled for older posts.