Monday 15 August 2011

My Blog Anniversary

15th August is my Blog anniversary. I have been blogging for exactly one year now.  I can hardly remember what it was like before I discovered this pastime. Along with the closely-related hobby of photography, blogging has added a whole new dimension to my long-term hobby of gardening. I really enjoy interacting with blogging friends and acquaintances from all over the world. My Flag-counter Gadget tells me that I have had visitors from 126 different countries! As far as stats go, the one thing I can say for sure is that stats are unreliable - especially Blogger's stats. During June there was a period when my daily pageview stats as tracked by Blogger grew alarmingly (and not credibly) to over 900 a day. Google Analytics meanwhile continued to report a more normal 200 -250 per day. I feel reasonably confident that my blog has attracted more than 50,000 pageviews in its first year, a performance that has far exceeded my expectations, so I'm obviously doing something right.

To celebrate my Anniversary I just want to share with you four photos that in my mind symbolise the passage of the seasons of the year:

Spring - new awakening.


Summer - the bountiful harvest.


Autumn - faded glory returning to earth


Winter - planning the steps we'll take next year



Thank you all, visitors both occasional and regular, for your interest in my blog and for your friendship! I always welcome your advice and comments.


Mark.

21 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a year of totally interesting blogging with beautiful photos. Thanks for sharing. And the photos today are especially appealing...ahhh, the seasons! Best wishes from a blogger friend, Egretta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Mark for keeping going at such a regular pace, I always enjoy reading your posts and love your photography - you have set the standard for many, like me. I have only been going for a few months and wonder if I can still keep finding something to say that is of interest to other people. As Flighty says - I have the blogging bug, and he's right. It is quite addictive isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Blog Anniversary Mark. Your pictures show that all the seasons are beautiful in their own way :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary! Mine passed unmarked a couple of months ago, who would have thought, hey.
    A lovely snapshot of the seasons. Brrr though, I think this is my favourite of them all.
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the landmark post! Just wanted to say how beautiful the Spring shot is, such a fabulous season.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy blog anniversay! You have a fab blog and I've learned loads. Here's hoping your second year is just as good as your first. Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have to sing this:
    Happy Blogaversary to you,
    Happy Blogaversary to you,
    Happy Blogaversary Dear Mark!
    Happy Blogaversary to you.

    Hip, hip, hooray!
    Hip, hip, hooray!
    Hip, hip, hooray!

    May there be many more !

    Thank you for your fabulous blog but also for visiting mine and for all your comments. I can always expect some input from you! Thanks again, and congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, yip, yip yooray. Well done Mark. Looking forward to reading many more posts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice pictures Mark and happy blogging anniversary. I am glad I found blogging too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Mark, happy blogaversary! I can't decide between the four pictures above, what a wonderful way of illustrating your year. I have enjoyed reading your blog very much, and you know I aspire to one day have a garden as successful as yours.

    Congratulations on your milestone, and may there be many more to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy blog anniversary Marc. And I hope it will be as well, for many years.

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful blog and lovely pics of the seasons. looks like you've had a prolific year in more than one way.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy anniversary Mark and you certainly are doing a lot of things right.

    Strange how many people consider autumn to be the harvest time. When I was teaching I always complained that having an harvest festival in late September/October time was far too late!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Anniversary Mark! Hope you enjoy your second year of blogging as much as your first.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Anniversary Mark and congratulations on having such an enjoyable and beautiful blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on your first year of blogging! I really enjoy your blog! Here's to many many more!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations! I read every one of your posts even if I don't always comment and I often learn something pertinent even if we are at opposite ends of the world. Blogging is a really great hobby - hope you continue for many more years.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Anniversary! I've very much enjoyed your blog Mark, and have found links to other wonderful blogs through you. You are a treat and a great teacher for those of us that are new to gardening! Cheers, Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Anniversary! It passes so quickly doesn't it? Your photo's amaze me :) Mo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Belated Blog Anniversary Mark. Through blog we became friends ;-).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment! Please note that Comment Moderation is enabled for older posts.