Sunday 21 June 2015

Some colour begins to appear

Because vegetables are my chief area of interest my efforts with flowering plants are a bit "sub-optimal". Most of my flowers are Summer ones too. I know this is not good. It would be better to have some colour in the garden for a longer period, but we are where we are, as they say. Here are some photos of flowers that are open right now...

These are French Marigolds:


They come in a range of colours, ranging from pale yellow to deep russetty red.


This is a Calendula, grown from seeds kindly sent to me by Mike who writes Flighty's Plot.


This is an Allium which grows in profusion at the base of my Crab Apple tree. I never planted it. It just arrived, and evidently self-propagates easily.


This is a Geranium - "Anne Folkard". I love the contrast between the dark black centres and the mauve petals.


This is a Rose called "Sunset Boulevard", producing its first bud of the year.


I know this is not a flower, but it's colourful anyway!

5 comments:

  1. It's nice to have some splashes of colour in the garden even if you're primarily a veg gardener.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seem to remember you did have some spring colour. Our fern like yours is just unfurling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right now we have lavender, daisies, zinnia, and coreopsis in bloom. Most of mine are summer blooming too. I tend to like the daisy-like flowers so I keep trying to bring in other ones to mix it up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the marigolds! One of my favorites. Hooray for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Normally I have only seen alliums in pink, purple & white, so a yellow variety is a bit of a surprise - it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment! Please note that Comment Moderation is enabled for older posts.