Monday 13 March 2017

Harvest Monday - 13 March 2017

Don't say I didn't warn you... my harvest this week is just a little more Purple Sprouting Broccoli.


Yes, just this one piece. It is the main head of my "Rudolph" plant.


It may not be a big harvest, but (though I say it myself) that is a mighty fine-looking head of broccoli!


Just enough for another 2-person serving, I'd say.

In the next few photos I'm going to show some broccoli that I didn't harvest. It's one of my "Early Purple Sprouting" plants. At first sight it looks far from ready. Just a mass of leaves, you'd think.


But pull back the leaves, and you'll see plenty of nice spears (shoots) forming:


Once these things get going, they develop quickly, so it probably won't be too long before there's another crop to be had.


I'm linking my post today to Harvest Monday, hosted by Dave at Our Happy Acres.

7 comments:

  1. That plant sure looks healthy! And that is a fine looking head of broccoli, and I bet it will be/was tasty. It will be several months before I see any kind of broccoli here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I feel just a tad jealous :) They do look good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Dave, it will be a while before we are harvesting broccoli, but once it starts coming, it just keeps going. It's one crop that's much more fun to grow than I anticipated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The one you harvested is a really good size, lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good Mark, the little heads on mine all seem a bit loose, tastes ok, just looks a bit funny :o{

    Dicky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your broccoli has overwintered beautifully. I might have to try that instead of spring sown broccoli.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment! Please note that Comment Moderation is enabled for older posts.