Saturday 12 October 2019

Shutting up shop for Winter

I haven't posted anything here for ages, so you probably guessed this: I'm shutting up my blog for the Winter.

My garden looks bedraggled and messy at present, and there is very little for me to write about. Who wants to see photos of my last few tomatoes, still holding out against the encroaching Blight?


My remaining cucumber plants are still producing a few fruits, but they are not very appealing!


We've already made a few jars of Sweet Chilli Sauce, so even the incentive to pick more of the chilli crop is much reduced now.


Fortunately, just as the gardening season tails off, the best time of year for my other hobby - fungi-hunting - begins. This is what I'll be doing for the next few months. Thanks for following, and see you next Spring!

Amanita muscaria - Fly Agaric


Boletus edulis - Penny Bun


Lactarius deliciosus - Saffron Milkcap


Mycena haematopus - Burgundydrop Bonnet


Calocera viscosa - Yellow Stagshorn


Laccaria amethystina - Amethyst Deceiver


Helvella crispa - White Saddle

2 comments:

  1. I’ve enjoyed reading your blog this season as always, always loads of information for the small garden veg grower. Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thoroughly agree with Dilly . Cant wait for the next season to begin ! Enjoy the fungi foraging ! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment! Please note that Comment Moderation is enabled for older posts.