Saturday 21 September 2019

Camera problems etc

I've had a bit of an issue on the photography front... my trusty Olympus E-450 (9 years old now) has developed a fault. It won't focus! I've taken it in to a local camera shop to see if they can repair it, and I'm awaiting their diagnosis. In the meantime I'm using my spare camera, which is nowhere near as good (and I don't love it like I do the Olympus one). Because of this I've been feeling much less inclined to take any photos. Furthermore, my garden is looking very tired and end-of-season-like at present, so it's not very photogenic.

All I can offer you today is some photos of the tomatoes and chillis I have harvested. These are probably my favourite vegetables, and the colours are just wonderful!






I haven't been weighing my harvests, but the other day I did, just for curiosity,  weigh the basket you see here, when it was very nearly full of tomatoes. It weighed 6.5kgs, so I reckon today's harvest is probably about half of that - maybe 3kgs or so.


The brown-coloured chilli seen here is a "Chocolate Cayenne", and there are also several "Golden Cayennes" in the box.


The smaller yellow ones (top right) are "Aji Limon".

7 comments:

  1. I wouldn't have guessed at your camera troubles, Mark, you're photos are wonderfully colourful! I'm wondering now how many tomato plants you grew to have such a weighty harvest? And were they all grown outdoors/mini greenhouse?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words, Caro. This year I think I had about 22 plants. I say "about" because some of them were latecomers - self-seeded volunteers that I potted up, and I lost track! Most of mine are started off indoors then moved to coldframe / mini-greenhouse for a week or two to harden-off, but they spend the majority of their time outdoors.

      Delete
  2. In my opinion, tomatoes and chillies always look great, no matter how good your camera is :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish my husband left the chillis and peppers to go that red. first sign of colour he wonders in the kitchen to show me and cant get that I want them really ripe for most recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HaHa, that's ironic! My wife is always pestering me to pick some green chillis, because some recipes call for green ones.

      Delete
  4. A camera becomes more than a piece of metal doesn’t It? I’d be lost without mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. tomatoes and chillies always look great. the quality of pictures are high.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment! Please note that Comment Moderation is enabled for older posts.