Friday 22 June 2018

Some moments of calm

I know this will sound like Tempting Fate, but I think the Spring / Early summer sowing and planting frenzy is over now - at least in my garden and plot. Yes, it is still possible to sow seeds that will mature into a harvest this year, but most of the hard work has been done.

What I need now is a few warm Summer evenings so that I can sit outside and enjoy my garden. This is where I would do it...


Unfortunately we haven't been able to use this sitting-out area much this year. although we have had plenty of dry (and some sunny) weather recently, it has always been so windy that sitting outside is not pleasant at all.


As you can see, most of my garden is devoted to growing vegetables, but I do have a few shrubs and flowers - the latter mostly in pots.


Although most of my planting is finished, my garden is still littered with trays of seedlings. For instance, I'm keeping these brassicas as possible replacements for casualties in the war against the pigeons up at the Courtmoor plot.


I also have a couple of trays of chicory coming along, for planting out in a month or so. I'm not convinced that sowing them in those little modules was a good idea. Keeping them in good condition is difficult. With the weather being so dry and warm I find I have to water them about twice a day.


I have one other thing to mention today. One of my daughters sent me this lovely Bug Hotel as a Father's Day present. I hope it proves popular!


1 comment:

Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment! Please note that Comment Moderation is enabled for older posts.