The harvest this week has slowed down a bit. I haven't picked a large quantity of anything. Another batch of "Boltardy" beetroot was about the most significant thing:
These ones are not quite as elegant as some of the previous batches, but still nice enough.
This is how they met their end:
I have had one or two tomatoes, a couple of cucumbers and about six Runner Beans all told.
There was that little bunch of radishes...
One or two of my tomato plants have got blight now, so I have picked these green tomatoes, in the hope that they might ripen indoors, which they certainly would not if left on a blight-infected plant.
I also picked two leeks - the ones that had bolted. Following advice from other gardeners, I made them into Potato-and-Leek soup, because they would have been too tough to use in any other way. They had developed a sort of thick inner core, but it fortunately broke down quite nicely during cooking. I didn't think to photograph them before preparation, but here's a photo of them in the process of being made into soup.
And here's the soup. I deliberately left it thick and chunky - more like a chowder than a soup, I think.
At the weekend I did manage to pick another two cucumbers:
If you look closely you will see that both of them had some slug damage, but I know that it will be only skin-deep, and once they are peeled the cucumbers will be fine.
Oh, and I nearly forgot to mention the chillis that I wrote about in yesterday's post!
Well, I started off by saying that I hadn't picked much, but on second thoughts, maybe I have!
This is my entry for Harvest Monday, hosted as ever by Daphne's Dandelions