The other day I wrote about making Comfrey Tea, and I promised to show you the finished article when it was ready. Well, here it is:
I think this can definitely be classed as a Green Tea!
I strained off from my bucket enough to fill this 500ml container six times. The liquid was dark green, murky and full of fibres. I used it on the plants that I felt needed it most - my Squashes and Cucumbers. Hopefully it will give them the boost of which they are in such dire need.
Once I had used the liquid, all that remained in the bucket was a soggy mass of stalks.
These will eventually break down too, so I put in a few more Comfrey leaves and some more water and "put it on the back burner to brew some more".
Several of the cuttings that I planted on 12th June have already sprouted, so hopefully my Comfrey patch will be brought back up to strength by the end of the Summer.
All I did with these was to chop a length of stalk into approximately 6" lengths and bury each one deeply in the moist soil.
I think it helps if you ensure that each section includes a leaf joint, but it's not vital.
If only more plants would establish from cuttings this readily!