Saturday 4 September 2010

Maskotka bows out

Today I finally disposed of my two Maskotka tomato plants. They were exhausted after a long and very productive season.


Maskotka at season's end


Between the two of them I reckon they must have produced at least 250 fruits.


Maskotka in my favourite dish (again!)

 We have had so many of them that we haven't been able to keep up with eating them raw, so I have semi-dried a lot of them, and we have been eating these as a "nibble" with an evening coktail before dinner. Like this...


Semi-dried Maskotka

Before dumping the foliage in the compost bin I did manage to gather a fair few more fruits. Many of them are a bit inferior, but there is a still a number of decent specimens amongst them, and they will probably ripen OK indoors in the warmth.

The final crop

The verdict: no doubt about it -- this is a great variety, which I shall definitely grow again.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your explanation :)

    I planted one on my balcony this year :)


    See you

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment! Please note that Comment Moderation is enabled for older posts.