Thursday 16 September 2010

A Feast for the Eyes

Although almost all the plants in my garden are edible, they are not ALL edible. Some of them are exclusively ornamental, and some of them are ornamental as well as edible. This little collection is about some of the visual delights I have found in my garden.


Lettuce 'Rossa Romana'

Red-veined Sorrel

Cavolo Nero 'Nero di Toscana'

A Geranium in the morning light

Caryopteris

Clematis

Coreopsis

Crab Apple tree

Flowers of French Bean Delinel

Dogwood -- green-leaved variety

Dogwood - yellow-leaved variety

Dogwood - variegated leaf variety

French Marigold

Hardy Geranium

Pelargonium-style geraniums

Greek oregano

Hypericum

Oxalis

Purple Sage

Rose "Sunset Boulevard"

White Rose

Runner Bean "St.George"


Sunflower

Variegated Sage

Herbs & Lavender beside the barbecue

Country salad -- a visual feast as well as a feast of flavour

Unidentified fungi

Raspberries

Green Tomatillo

A Tomato medley

Tomatoes, Chillis & Tomatillos

Chillis on a dish from Jaipur

Apples "Scrumptious"

Semi-dried tomatoes - "Maskotka"

A Cornus (Dogwood) bush in a patch of sunlight

Autumn foliage of a Blueberry plant

2 comments:

  1. So many, many things!

    I have oxalis for the first time this year (a green and red one) and have been warned it is really a weed in disguise and will soon cover all earth in the garden. So far, it hasn't spread beyond its starting point and I'm tempted to get more colours and let them fight it out between themselves.

    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of the reasons I have got my Oxalis in a pot, where I can control it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment! Please note that Comment Moderation is enabled for older posts.