Saturday 4 September 2010

Anyone for a fungus foray?

We have been toying with the idea of going on an organised "fungus foray" this Autumn. Jane and I both love wild mushrooms, but we don't feel confident enough to reliably identify them . We reckon that if we were to go on an outing with an expert then perhaps we would get a better feel for the subject -- and more to the point, know where to look next year!

I know these are not likely to be edible (in all probability they are deadly poisonous), but I spotted them today, coming up in one of my pots of tomatoes.


Fungi appearing in a tomato pot




Don't know what they are, but they look quite pretty...



Here is a picture of another fungus that popped up at the base of one of my compost bins a couple of weeks ago. Maybe it's edible? If only I knew...


Another unidentified fungus. Is it edible???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment! Please note that Comment Moderation is enabled for older posts.